- visit www.binah.ai (including any subdomains of this website or other websites owned by us or operated on our behalf) (the “Website”);
download our application (the “Application”);
- use any part of our services via the Website or the Application (the “Services”);
- download software (the “Software”) from the Website or the Application (collectively with the Website, the Application, the Services and the Software, the “Product”).
This Policy applies only to information that you provide us through the Website, the Application or the Product (including any information provided as part of your subscription to the Software) or when you access or use any content appearing on the Website or made available through the Application or the Product, or that we collect on your behalf as part of the Product’s use.
A Summary of The Policy
1. Information That We Collect –If you register or purchase our Service, Software, Application or Products, we may need information such as your name, your company name, email address and password; your payment details to process payments, etc., and we automatically log IP addresses, browser information, etc.
2. How We Use Personally Identifiable Information – We use personally identifiable information to provide the Product, make it better and continue developing it, enforce terms, and protect us and the Service from misuse and law violations.
3. The Personally Identifiable Information That You Upload – You can upload content with personally identifiable information. Please use caution and do not upload personally identifiable information of others without their approval. We will transfer information when we change our corporate structure, and we will share information when required to do so by law enforcement or compliance requests. We also share information with our business affiliate entities.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure – We share information when we use service providers, for example, to process payments. We will transfer information when we change our corporate structure, and we will share information when required to do so by law enforcement or compliance requests. We also share information with our business affiliate entities.
5. Your California Privacy Rights – If you are a California resident, you can request information about the third parties that we have disclosed your personally identifiable information to during the preceding year for their direct marketing purposes, and the types of categories of such personally identifiable information.
6. Your Choice – You may opt-out of our mailing lists and terminate your use of the Services. Our Services does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
7. Accessing Your Personally Identifiable Information – At any time you can request to receive your personally identifiable information collected by us.
8. Your EU Data Subject Rights – If we process your personal data when you are in the EU, further terms apply to our processing in relation to your rights as a data subject under EU data protection laws.
9. Data Retention – We retain data to provide the Services and for legitimate and lawful purposes.
10. Information Security – We implement systems, applications and procedures to secure your personally identifiable information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information.
11. International Processing and Transfer – We use cloud-based services to store and process data in the European Union and in the United States and will store them at additional sites, at our discretion. These service providers provide us adequate security and confidentiality commitments.
12. Our Policy Towards Children – If you are under the age of 18, you do not have permission to use the Website, the Application, and the Product. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18.
13. Dispute Resolution – Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us for any request and complaint. We will make good-faith efforts to resolve any existing or potential dispute with you.
16. Contact Us – Please contact our Privacy team at: email@example.com for further information.
1. Information That We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
As a condition to your use of the Product, we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that we can use to contact or identify you and administer your account.
Personally identifiable information may include your name, company name, email address, telephone number, contact person details and financial information such as your credit/debit card details, your bank account details and your mailing address.
As a paying user of the Services, we will receive your payment transaction details from the payment service provider that processed your payment.
When you contact us, or when we contact you, we will receive and process any personally identifiable information that you provide us.
- When you use the Product, we may collect the following, as applicable:
Information regarding your use of the Product and all information collected by us while providing you the Product;
- Information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Website or use the Product (“Log Data”). This Log Data could include, for example, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, login information, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Website and information you search for on the Site;
- Information collected by the Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics about your visit, including the full website (uniform resource locators (URL)) clickstream (history) to, through and from our Website (including date and time);
- Products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
When you use a widget or any other tool that may be offered by us, whether on the Website or on a third party website, including a website owned or operated by you, we may record data related to that activity, the deployment of the widget or tool and any other account related data.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes.
We use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login credentials for future logins to the Site. We use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Product, to better understand how you interact with the Site and Product and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site and aggregate usage of the Product.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the website you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionalities of the Product.
Links to Other Websites
Links to other websites are presented in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
Third Party Sites
These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information that you submit. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and other terms of the other websites.
Payment Service Providers
When making a purchase from us, you may be required to use our partners and/or trusted payment processors and/or credit agencies (Collectively, “Payment Service Providers”).
To the extent permitted by law, such information resulting from a transaction by you (with the exception of certain confidential payment data), could be shared by such Payment Service Provider with us. We are not liable for any use or disclosure of information that Payment Service Providers receive from you.
You acknowledge and agree that any credit card and/or other billing and payment information that you provide directly to us may be shared by us with the Payment Service Providers solely for the purposes of checking credit, effecting payment to us and servicing your account.
We will treat such information as personally identifiable information. We may always retain and use such information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims and enforce our agreements.
Certain products and services include features that collect additional personally identifiable information for other purposes, as described in the applicable customer agreement. For detailed information, please refer to the applicable product or service description.
If you are making a job application or inquiry through the Website, you may provide us with a copy of your CV or other relevant information that contains your personally identifiable information.
We will ask for your consent to use and save the information that you provide in your job application and will use this information for the purpose of considering your application or inquiry. Except when you explicitly request otherwise, we may keep this information on file for future reference.
If you participate in surveys through the Website, we may use your personally identifiable information to carry out market research. This research is conducted for our internal business and training purposes and will improve our understanding of our users’ demographics, interests and behavior.
This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis and therefore does not individually identify any user.
2. How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information may be used for the following purposes: to provide the Product,
- to administer your use of the Product and any accounts you may have with us, to personalize your experience,
- to provide to you Product announcements,
- to provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting, such as newsletters, marketing or promotional materials,
- on behalf of and according to instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners,
- to comply with court orders and warrants, and assist law enforcement agencies, to collect debts, prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity thefts and any other misuse of the Service, and to take any action in any legal dispute or proceeding.
- to resolve any disputes between users of the Website and us; and
- as described in Section 4: Information Sharing and Disclosure.
We use information that is not personally identifiable for the above purposes and to:
- monitor and analyze use of the Product and for the technical administration of the Website,
- improve the Website and the Product,
- generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics and website use behavior of our users, and
- verify that users of the Product meet the criteria required to process their requests.
We use information collected on our Website in the aggregate to better understand your use of the Website and to enhance your enjoyment and experience.
This data is used for statistical purposes as well as to help customize the user experience as you browse the web site. For further information, see the Aggregated and Analytical Information section in this policy.
We combine certain personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information in order to allow us to create information packages and services that are better tailored to your interests and preferences.
Among other things, linking this information may allow us generally to improve and personalize the Website and the Product. If we combine or link any information with your personally identifiable information, the resulting combination will be treated as personally identifiable information under this Policy.
Purchase of Products and Services
If you purchase or use our Product or Services, we may use your personally identifiable information, as applicable, and (where applicable) payment information for purposes which include but are not limited to:
- verifying your credentials;
- verifying your usage of the products and services in accordance with the terms and conditions of your agreement with us;
- providing training sessions for which you have registered;
- providing maintenance and technical support;
- providing information about product upgrades, updates and renewals;
- generating logs, statistics and reports on service usage and service performance;
- developing and enhancing products and services;
- processing orders and generating billing information.
We will use information collected from the Website in order to contact you if necessary, including, but not limited to, sending you reminders and notices about the Service, sending commercial and marketing information about our Service, and contacting you when you are using wrong paths to access the Website or are breaching restrictions on the use of the Website.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such announcements, information or offers, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication. See also the Choice Section in this policy.
We may also use this information to block IP addresses where there is misuse of the Website.
3. The Personally Identifiable Information That You Upload
The content you upload to the Services, whether from your own device or from a cloud-based hosting service, including any data, text, graphic, audio-visual files, may include personally identifiable information. Based on your preferences, the uploaded content may be accessible to others.
Please use caution when uploading the content, and avoid any involuntary disclosure of your personally identifiable information or disclosure of others’ personally identifiable information without their consent.
4. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information. We will share your personally identifiable information with service providers and other third parties, if necessary to fulfill the purposes for collecting the information. Any such third party will commit to protect your privacy as required under the applicable law and this policy.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Product, to provide the Product on our behalf and to perform services related to administration of the Product or the Website (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services and administration).
These third parties have access to your personally identifiable information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to comply with this Policy.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties in response to lawful requests and to comply with the law.
We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if we believe it necessary:
- to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement or national security requirements, claims or legal processes (including but not limited to subpoenas);
- to protect our or a third party’s property rights;
- to protect the safety of the public or any person;
- to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be posing a risk of being illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including among others your personally identifiable information and Log Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or substantially all of our shares or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy. We will also share Information with our business affiliates.
Aggregated and Analytical Information
We may share aggregated information generated as a result of your use of the Product, that includes non-personally identifiable information and Log Data, with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, other commercial purposes and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services.
We use the standard analytics tools of Google Analytics and we will use additional or other analytics tools, from time to time, to learn about how you and other users use the Services, in support of our Services-related activities and operations.
Any aggregated information shared in these contexts is based on anonymous, statistical or aggregated information and we share it with our partners only for legitimate business purposes.
It does not contain personally identifiable information and It has no effect on your privacy, because there is no reasonable way to extract data from the aggregated information that we or others can associate specifically to your personally identifiable information.
5. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request in writing a list of the categories of personally identifiable information relating to third parties to which we have disclosed certain categories of personally identifiable information during the preceding year, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Your Choice
At any time, you can unsubscribe our mailing lists or newsletters, by sending us an opt-out request to: email@example.com or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all our emails.
At any time you can stop using the Website. Termination of your Binah.ai Services account is subject to the terms of your subscription agreement with us.
Note that if one of our customers uploaded content to our Services with your personally identifiable information, then you can contact our customer who uploaded that content and request to remove your personally identifiable information.
At any time, you can exercise your following opt-out options:
- object to the disclosure of your personally identifiable information to a third party, other than to third parties who act as our agents to perform tasks on our behalf and under our instructions; or,
- object to the use of your personally identifiable information for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which we originally collected such information, pursuant to this policy, or you subsequently authorized such use
You can exercise your choice by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We request and collect minimal personally identifiable information that we need for the purposes that we describe in this Policy. Following the termination or expiration of the Services, we will stop collecting any personally identifiable information from or about you.
However, we will store and continue using or making available your personally identifiable information according with our data retention section in this Policy.
Web browsers offer a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal. A DNT signal is a HTTP header field indicating your preference for tracking your activities on a service or through cross-site user tracking. Our Services does not respond to DNT signals.
7. Accessing Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you find that the information on your account is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please provide us the necessary information to correct it.
At any time, you can contact us at: email@example.com and request to access the personally identifiable information that we keep about you.
We will ask you to provide us certain credentials to make sure that you are who you claim to be and to the extent required under the applicable law, will make good-faith efforts to locate your personally identifiable information that you request to access.
If you are eligible for the right of access under the applicable law, you can obtain confirmation from us of whether we are processing personally identifiable information about you, and receive a copy of that data, so that you could –
- verify its accuracy and the lawfulness of its processing;
- request the correction, amendment or deletion of your personally identifiable information if it is inaccurate or if you believe that the processing of your personally identifiable information is in violation of the applicable law.
We will use judgement and due care to redact from the data which we will make available to you, personally identifiable information related to others.
8. Your EU Data Subject Rights
If EU data protection laws apply to the processing of your personal data by Binah.ai, then the following terms apply:
For the purposes of the Binah.ai database platform service, we are a data processor and our customers are data controllers, or data processors as well.
Where we process your personal data as a data controller, the processing is based on the following lawful grounds:
- All processing of your personal data which are not based on the lawful grounds indicated below, are based on your consent;
- We process your account and payment details to perform the contract with you.
- We will process your personal data to comply with a legal obligation and to protect your and others’ vital interests;
- We will further rely on our legitimate interests, which we believe are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms, for the following purposes:
- Communications with you, including direct marketing where you are our client or a user of our client, or where you make contact with us through our website and other digital assets;
- Cyber security;
- Support, customer relations, service operations;
- Enhancements and improvements to yours and other users’ experience with our services;
- Fraud detection and misuse of the Service.
Where Binah.ai processes your personal data as a data controller, then in addition to your rights under other sections in this policy, you have the following rights:
AT ANY TIME, CONTACT US AT PRIVACY@BINAH.AI IF YOU WANT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. EXERCISING THIS RIGHT WILL NOT AFFECT THE LAWFULNESS OF PROCESSING BASED ON CONSENT BEFORE ITS WITHDRAWAL.
- Request to delete or restrict access to your personal data. We will review your request and use our judgment, pursuant to the provisions of the applicable law, to reach a decision about your request.
- If you exercise one (or more) of the above-mentioned rights, in accordance with the provisions of applicable law, you may request to be informed that third parties that hold your personal data, in accordance with this policy, will act accordingly.
- You may ask to transfer your personal data in accordance with your right to data portability.
- You may object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Additional information about this right is available under the Choice section in this policy.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affecting you.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of the GDPR.
A summary and further details about your rights under EU data protection laws, is available on the EU Commission’s website at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
Note that when you send us a request to exercise your rights, we will need to reasonably authenticate your identity and location. We will ask you to provide us credentials to make sure that you are who you claim to be and will further ask you questions to understand the nature and scope of your request.
If we need to delete your personal data following your request, it will take some time until we completely delete residual copies of your personal data from our active servers and from our backup systems.
If you have any concerns about the way we process your personal data, you are welcome to contact our privacy team at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look into your inquiry and make good-faith efforts to respond promptly.
9. Data Retention
We retain different types of information for different periods, depending on the purposes for processing the information, our legitimate business purposes as well as pursuant to legal requirements under the applicable law.
We retain personally identifiable information as part of our Services, to provide our customers with the Services, the Product and as needed to perform our business activities.
We may maintain contact details, to help us stay in contact with you.
We may need to keep the information about the payment transactions that you made for several years due to tax related requirements, for accounts settling, record keeping, archiving and legal issues.
We may keep aggregated non-identifiable information without limitation, and to the extent reasonable we will delete or de-identify potentially identifiable information, when we no longer need to process the information.
In any case, as long as you use the Services or the Product, we will keep information about you, unless we are required by law to delete it, or if we decide to remove it at our discretion.
10. Information Security
We are concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ a variety of measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We implement systems, applications and procedures to secure your personally identifiable information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information.
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personally identifiable information that we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as installing electronic security systems that guard against unauthorized access.
However, no one can guarantee a completely secured data transmission over the Internet. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, so you do so at your own risk.
If you have been given log-in details to provide you with access to certain parts of our Website (for example our Customer Portal), you are responsible for keeping those details confidential.
Personally Identifiable Information
If you receive an email asking you to update your personally identifiable information, do not reply and please contact us at email@example.com
11. International Processing or Transfer
Part of our Services is a web-based service. We store and process information within the European Union and in the United States on our cloud-based services’ sites.
From time to time, we will make operational decisions which will have an impact on the sites in which we maintain personally identifiable information. We make sure that our data hosting service providers, provide us with adequate confidentiality and security commitments.
If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where transfer of your personally identifiable information to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you provide us your express and unambiguous consent to such transfer. You can contact our privacy team at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about data transfer.
12. Our Policy Towards Children
If you are under the age of 18, you do not have permission to use the Website, the Application and the Product. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a minor has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our files.
13. Dispute Resolution
We do periodical assessments of our data processing and privacy practices, to make sure that we comply with this policy, to update the policy when we believe that we need to, and to verify that we display the policy properly and in an accessible manner.
If you have any concerns about the way we process your personally identifiable information, you are welcome to contact our privacy team at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us. Our address is published on our website at: www.binah.ai/privacy_policy and, if applicable, is indicated in your subscription agreement with us.
We will look into your query and make good-faith efforts to resolve any existing or potential dispute with you.
We will update this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will post a notice of these changes on the Website and in this Policy.
If the updates have minor if any consequences, they will take effect 7 days after we post a notice on the Website. Substantial changes will be effective 30 days after we initially posted the notice.
Until the new policy takes effect, if it materially reduces the protection of your privacy rights under the previously existing policy, you can choose not to accept it and terminate your use of the Service.
Continuing to use the Service after the new policy takes effect means that you agree to the new policy. Note that if we need to adapt the policy to legal requirements, the new policy will become effective immediately or as required by law. If you would like us to notify you by email when we update this Policy, please send an email to email@example.com.
16. Contact Us
Please contact our Privacy Compliance Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
ADDENDUM A: The Cookies Policy
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
When you use and access the website, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the website;
- To provide analytics;
- To store your preferences;
- To enable advertisements delivery, including behavioral advertising;
- We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service.
Accounts-related cookies. We may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, such as the “remember me” functionality.
Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the website is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the website to see how our users react to them.
Advertising cookies. These types of cookies are used to deliver advertisements on and through the website and track the performance of these advertisements. These cookies may also be used to enable third-party advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities or interests.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties’ cookies to report usage statistics of the website, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What Are Your Choices Regarding Cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
Where Can You Find More Information About Cookies?
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
All About Cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
Third Party Cookies
- Cookies: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Cookies: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
Amazon Web Services
- Cookies: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
The list above may be amended from time to time.
Third-Party Applications and Services
All use of third-party applications or services is at your own risk and subject to such third party’s privacy policies.
Last Update: November 28, 2019